My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://cdillon.net
and update your bookmarks.


A song I composed for an assignment in the Online Master of Arts in Learning Technologies (Cadre 12) at Pepperdine University.

I chose to take the opportunity afforded by the composition assignment to play around with the use of motion and infrared sensors (via the Wii Remote) in revealing the music hidden in the uncaptured data of daily life. The results are admittedly absurd and not completely enjoyable, but I tried to document the process and present it in a fun way.

I learned two important facts that should be shared at the outset:
  1. Matching a beat for more than a few measures takes practice.
  2. "Flexi-time" in Sibelius means that the program attempts to compensate for the user's deviations from being on-beat by changing the song's tempo, thus destroying any hope of matching video and audio later.

Honestly, I had so much fun with this one that I might just have to print out a copy on some fancy paper and give it a nice binding.

Bookmark and Share

1 Reply to "Composing with a Wiimote"

  • mistermortensen on October 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM

    Second time I've watched this. You might think about doing a show in Vegas.

     
  • Post a Comment